Offtopica Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sensitive Society Era

Beyonder

Omni-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I dub the 2018,2019, and I hope not 2020 as SSE....aka Sensitive Society Era and what do I mean?

The fact that there are so much sensitivity and censorship in this modern time that it just makes me feel ew by it all......
People cant defend themselves without backlash......roasting is no longer roasting.....
Censorship of swearing, nudity, blood/gore, and other such things are making this the PG-13 era as well! this stuff never really bothers me as a kid whatsoever!

I cant stand the fact so many people can't handle memes.....they are subjective humor for subjective people and in this era using memes are now becoming offensive? thats no fun for anyone!

bradley S

Former Owner Offtopica.net
Staff member
Administrator
Well here women are allowed to walk around public topless on the streets so that's a plus I guess.
Then you get these people that say that they don't get their feelers hurt when its something personal to them or about them they do. Which their is a fine line between disrespect and just saying it how it is. I am the kind of person if it needs to be said I will say it but when I do say it I tend to say it how it is. No sugar coating cant stand that crap, When someone wants you to sugar coat it but they still dont get it or whatever then you have to be blunt about certain things that is annoying.

Last edited:

Beyonder

Omni-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well here women are allowed to walk around public topless on the streets so that's a plus I guess.
Then you get these people that say that they don't get their feelers hurt when its something personal to them or about them they do. Which their is a fine line between disrespect and just saying it how it is. I am the kind of person if it needs to be said I will say it but when I do say it I tend to say it how it is. No sugar coating cant stand that crap, When someone wants you to sugar coat it but they still dont get it or whatever then you have to be blunt about certain things that is annoying.
Peach it Bradley!

This year of 2020 has been the most sensitive.....people always complaining and crying about opinions!

bradley S

Former Owner Offtopica.net
Staff member
Administrator
What i always say to most people that whine about it is "If you dont like what i have to say dont ask for my advice or opinion"

Or .. Well would you want me to lie to you like everyone else does including the media, and some respond with something like "Media doesnt always lie" which some dont always but knowing what to sift out the BS.

My point here is if you cant handle the truth dont ask for it if you want me to sugar coat it, I wont bother because I try and speak the truth no matter the outcome

You know what the problem is? these newer generations are getting babied too much or sheltered or too stuck on technology i.e. social media and what not so they dont know how to interact with human form.

Its sad the way our generations are becoming, I understand times are changing and i get it wouldnt expect them to not but when you got some kid thinks hes billy-badass but too stupid to talk to someone face-face or in most cases man-to-man then they are just a waste of space.

another example, I believe someone should get what they deserve within reason, BTW this actually happened .---->"like when a punk 15 yo old is talking shit and he runs his mouth acting like hes big and bad when that person hes mouthing off to 1 which is older 2 he gets tired of hearing it decides to punch him in the face/nose, And i respond later with "Good he freaking deserves what he gets, You talk shit you will get your ass handed to you plain and simple." Someone responds with "Dont talk about him like that thats mean or whatever.. I'm like no if you are going to run your mouth before even knowing the person or situation you deserve to get your ass kicked, top it off this 15 yo is bad mouthing all over his grandparents to begin with.

I know i had a rough teen times but nothing like that, I sure as hell didnt make threats to my parents because I would got my ass kicked by my father

RESPECT your ELDERS.

ok im done ranting now. WHew.

Beyonder

Omni-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What i always say to most people that whine about it is "If you dont like what i have to say dont ask for my advice or opinion"

Or .. Well would you want me to lie to you like everyone else does including the media, and some respond with something like "Media doesnt always lie" which some dont always but knowing what to sift out the BS.

My point here is if you cant handle the truth dont ask for it if you want me to sugar coat it, I wont bother because I try and speak the truth no matter the outcome

You know what the problem is? these newer generations are getting babied too much or sheltered or too stuck on technology i.e. social media and what not so they dont know how to interact with human form.

Its sad the way our generations are becoming, I understand times are changing and i get it wouldnt expect them to not but when you got some kid thinks hes billy-badass but too stupid to talk to someone face-face or in most cases man-to-man then they are just a waste of space.

another example, I believe someone should get what they deserve within reason, BTW this actually happened .---->"like when a punk 15 yo old is talking shit and he runs his mouth acting like hes big and bad when that person hes mouthing off to 1 which is older 2 he gets tired of hearing it decides to punch him in the face/nose, And i respond later with "Good he freaking deserves what he gets, You talk shit you will get your ass handed to you plain and simple." Someone responds with "Dont talk about him like that thats mean or whatever.. I'm like no if you are going to run your mouth before even knowing the person or situation you deserve to get your ass kicked, top it off this 15 yo is bad mouthing all over his grandparents to begin with.

I know i had a rough teen times but nothing like that, I sure as hell didnt make threats to my parents because I would got my ass kicked by my father

RESPECT your ELDERS.

ok im done ranting now. WHew.
Rant as much as you want brother!!